Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tip of The Week - Unexpected Dress Deals!

Hey Everyone!

I was browsing the Internet today for a cocktail dress for myself for a girl's night out, and came across so many stores that are now jumping on the bridesmaid and wedding dress bandwagon. Thanks to retailers like JCrew and Ann Taylor who started the trend, many big-name clothing chains are cashing in on this industry.
What does this mean for you? It means fabulous coutoure-esque dresses at bargain prices! It also means for your maids the opportunity to order their dress on-line without having to deal with the hassel of being fitted in a bridal store. Here are some of my personal favorites I came across today! Let me know if any of your have purchased one of these! I'd love to hear your opinions on their quailty and style!

Wedding Gowns
The Limited - I have loved this store since I was 6 years old and shopped at The Limited Too. Don't lie ladies, you also had the matching flower t-shirt, shorts, socks, belt, and of course - the scrunchie! Now that we are grown-ups, they have stepped up their style and created gorgeous wedding dresses any gal would be lucky to wear!

Romantic Wedding Gown - $298


White House Black Market - Another favorite store of mine, it's always my go-to location for the perfect LBD (little black dress). Now they have created a limited edition bridal gown that reminds me of something you would see on the runway, except it's only $498! Now, I will tell you that this look is not for everyone. I can't promise you that in 20 years you will be loving this dress as much as you might a more traditional look, but for all you trendy ladies out there, this is one to check out!
Limited Edition Bridal Gown - $498


JCrew - As I said before, JCrew pioneered the traditional retail clothing outlet crossing over into the bridal market. I must warn you, however, not all their dresses are inexpensive. Some cost as much as $3,000! But, they are beautiful! Here's a gorgeous one I found that would be so perfect for a beach wedding. I can just see the chiffon flowing in the breeze...
Silk Chiffon Arabelle Crinckle Gown - $425


Nordstrom - Nordies has a great selection of special occasion dresses that you can totally rock as a wedding gown, especially if the idea of a train has you tripping (get it? tripping? hahaha). Here are some of my favorites from the department store guru.

Sue Wong Drop Waist Embellished Lace Gown - $598


JS Boutique Beaded Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown - $178


Bridesmaids Dresses
We have already done one feature on inexpensive bridesmaids dresses, so today I am only going to focus on 2 retailers - Target and Forever 21. Never in a million years did I think these two retailers would be able to create cute bridesmaids dresses, but they have, and you will love them!

Target - Who doesn't love this store? If you are like me, every time you go in there for toilet paper, you walk out with $100 worth of items and you have no idea how they got there! I am in love with these two adoreable looks - and even more in love with their prices! Consider pairing them with a fun colored shoe, such as an emerald green for the navy dress or an eggplant purple with the yellow!

Merona Collection Party Dress With Sash in Navy Voyage - $29.99



Mossimo Black Strapless Dress in Yellow - $24.99

Forever 21 - I love finding deals at Forever 21! From their dresses to jewelry, it's a great way to capture what is in style at the moment without spending a fortune! I was surprised, however, to see them create some dresses that are the appropriate length for a bridesmaid. After all, your wedding shouldn't be about who can show the most leg! Save that for the bachelorette party!
Floral Sheen Dress in Charcoal $27.80


Dashing Duo Dress $34.80

Strapless Trophy Dress $34.80

Pleated One Shoulder Dress $32.80


That does it! If you find other dresses that would look great on this list, send them our way and I will post them! Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!
Cheers!
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment